My milk supply really took a hit while we were in IL. My normal galactagogue schedule looks like this:
- 5ish cups of Mother’s Milk tea throughout the day
- Morning oatmeal (2 servings) with 1 T of flax seed meal and 1 T of nutritional yeast
- Cheerios or oat bread for lunch
- Almonds for snacks
- 5 fenugreek capsules at breakfast, lunch, and bedtime
- 2 T brewer’s yeast if needed
Our local store was out of fenugreek before we left, so while I was gone, my routine dwindled to
- 3ish cups of Mother’s Milk tea throughout the day
- Morning oatmeal (1-1.5 servings) with sliced almonds on top
I came home making dribbles where I used to make spurts. I have never had an oversupply, but I can (with help) make enough to fill Kai’s belly. After a few nights of nonstop nursing, though, I realized I needed to step up my game. So brewer’s yeast is back on the menu for a while.
Man, I hate this stuff. Tastes godawful, and gives me a hangover to boot. (All of the headache, queasiness, and gas of drinking beer, without the buzz! What’s not to love?) I see now why women put it in sugary cookies. But I am slowly (slowly) losing weight, and don’t want to mess that up by adding insanely caloric cookies to my daily ritual.
So I will deal. And hope that my boobs get back to normal soon.